Saturday 24 November 2007

They're not even subtle about it!

Longrider laid into Blunkett's pro-ID card stance, I must admit I only skim read it and commented as follows:

"I don’t think that the ID card thing is particularly about power over the populace. The key to this is, there will be multi-billion pound contracts up for grabs, with massive profits for the lucky winning bidders, who might just make the rational calculation that a judicious donation of a million pounds or two to Nulab, plus a couple of directorships for ex-Cabinet ministers, could swing things in their favour …"

The last letter on the subject in today's Times spells this out a bit more clearly - to summarise:

DAVID BLUNKETT WORKS FOR ONE OF THE BIDDERS FOR THE ID-CARD CONTRACTS

F***ing hell, I knew these people were con-artists and thieves, I just didn't realise they'd be that blatant about it.

4 comments:

Mark Wadsworth said...

Good link. Blunckett has been building up to this for a while, the shameless bastard, hasn't he?

Anonymous said...

There are none so blind as those who cannot see.

Longrider said...

Um... yes, it was the vested interest that was the point of my post... ;)

Mark Wadsworth said...

LR, yes, I know that now, but like I said, I only skim read it, serves me right for not following every one of your links!