Saturday 26 January 2008

Yippee! Hurray! (2)

The cable guys installed the telephone socket (we kept our old number!) and modem this morning as promised. There was a bit of a hiccup with a non-existent PIN, the call centre lady in India told me that 'sales' had forgotten to ask for one, and that their systems were down so it would take another day to generate a new one.

Sulk. Fume. Fosters and fags. Sit in garden and plan next move.

Suitably emboldened, I rang back half an hour later and repeated my tale of woe (skipping the lies with which the first call centre lady had tried to fob me off) and a nice Geordie lady called Jill had it up and running within half an hour or so. Her version of events was that they'd set me up on the old NTL broadband, which is not active where we now live and that she'd had to transfer me to the Virgin broadband system.

Jill - whoever you are - you rock!

0 comments: