Sunday 11 April 2010

[Hidden benefit of] The 40 degree Eco-wash cycle

We usually use the 40 degree Eco-wash cycle on our washing machine, which gets our clothes as clean as you could reasonably wish.

I took out a load yesterday to hang in the garden (more greenie bonus points to me for not sticking it straight into the tumble dryer!) and found a cartridge for The Lad's hand held Nintendo electronic thingy.

I explained to him that he should really check his pockets before chucking trousers into the laundry basket because the water will ruin anything electronic and he was a bit downhearted, but he put it back in the Nintendo anyway just to see what would happen, and to our amazement it still worked

So now you know.

3 comments:

James Higham said...

Wash proof eh? I use the 30 degree myself - don't trust it.

Eclipse said...

I've left my 2 gig memory stick in my pocket quite a few times when the wife's put my jeans through the wash. Most of these kind of items are sealed against a normal wash/ light liquid emersion :)

Tim Almond said...

There used to be a few articles on geek sites about putting your keyboard in the dishwasher to give it a good disinfectant clean (you then have to let it dry for a couple of days).