Wednesday 21 April 2010

HM Revenue & Customs Fun

I was looking something up on HM Revenue & Customs website and this warning flashed up:

Have you taken steps to protect yourself from online fraud?

Criminals are using increasingly sophisticated ways to commit online fraud and it is important that you do everything you can to protect yourself. Please take some time to read the security advice on the HMRC Online security page to find out how you can do this and for details of the steps HMRC is taking to protect your information.


It's all well and good warning me now - as I have already written to my MP about their shoddy security. I recently entered the full details of the income and bank accounts of one of my clients in response to a demand for him to do so, and at the end of the month thousands of pounds disappeared from his bank account.

0 comments: