Friday 24 September 2010

One out, one in.

Obnoxio bids us a fond foul mouthed farewell, comments not enabled.

Ho hum. I have therefore checked Statcounter and promoted the 'blog which a) gave me the most hits in the past day or so and which b) wasn't already in my Top Twelve Blogs widget into that hallowed space. Which happened to be UK Newsnetwork (Contributors Angry Exile, The Filthy Engineer, Goodnight Vienna et al). Best of luck with that.

One thing of note in Obo's post is this: "I can't deny that it's been gratifying to see upwards of 10,000 absolute uniques month after month." I'd always assumed that Obo's was a 'bigger' 'blog than mine because he was much higher in all the rankings, and I don't know which source he was using, so for the record: according to Statcounter, my monthly 'unique visits' have been fairly stable at 15,000 to 20,000 since January 2009; according to Sitemeter my monthly 'visits' (as opposed to 'page views') were between 14,000 and 16,000 since September 2009 (they only go back a year); and according to 'blogger stats (accessed via 'design' in your dashboard thingy) my monthly 'pageviews' are in the order of 30,000 to 40,000.

So now we know.

1 comments:

Antisthenes said...

I can actually read your blog and Obo's come to that without visiting your web page, no doubt many others can too. So I suspect that unless I leave a comment it does not count as a hit so that probably means that your actual readers are many more than you know about.