Saturday 21 January 2012

Kelsey Grammer to become free school

Veteran actor Kelsey Grammer has welcomed Michael Gove's free schools proposals and informed parents and pupils of his intention to seek a private sponsor and become a free school.
Speaking at a well attended parents' meeting, the 56 year old star of hit TV series such as "Cheers" thanked the local authority for the help and support he had received in the past, but pointed out that under the Coalition's free school proposals he would be able to offer his pupils a wider range of academic subjects and exams, such as the opportunity to study for the International Baccalaureate.

"My character in the long-running series "Frasier" benefitted enormously from a good education, and I'd like all my students to have the same opportunities in life. I do hope that parents present and future will support me at this exciting time."

Jenny Braithwaite, whose children Andy 13 and Mellisa 17 attend Kelsey Grammer said she was impressed with the proposals, but would need time to think it over and would have to discuss it with her family before deciding how to vote.

"I'm impressed with the proposals, but I'll need time to think it over and I'll have to discuss it with my family before deciding how to vote." said the 44 year old clerical worker, adding "I asked him what Niles was up to nowadays but he just blanked me."

A spokesperson for the NAS-UWT teachers' union claimed that this would signal the beginning of the end for universal education. "It could lead to thousands of other schools leaving local authority control, which will disenfranchise democratically-elected local councils and reinforce inequality of opportunity for deprived children. Who the hell is he to talk anyway, he's only a clapped out television actor with no background in education."

4 comments:

Richard Allan said...

I noticed! My favourite was the ship's octophonic system or whatever.

Antisthenes said...

"A spokesperson for the NAS-UWT teachers' union claimed that this would signal the beginning of the end for universal education. "It could lead to thousands of other schools leaving local authority control, which will disenfranchise democratically-elected local councils and reinforce inequality of opportunity for deprived children. Who the hell is he to talk anyway, he's only a clapped out television actor with no background in education.""

So speaketh a vested interest who have no interest in what is in the best interests of pupils only in the best interest of the teacher.

Anonymous said...

It took me several seconds to get the joke.

James Higham said...

Seeking a private sponsor or found one?