Tuesday 29 January 2013

Fun Online Polls: Your favourite Armstrong & paper cups

The results to last week's Fun Online Poll were as follows:

Who is your favourite celebrity Armstrong?

Neil - 46%

Louis - 28%
Alexander - 11%
Lance - 8%
Other, please specify - 7%


That looks pretty clear cut, and well done to the late Neil. Suggestions for "other" included: William  (Geordie industrialist) 3 votes; Stretch (1970s toy) 2 votes; and Lil Hardin (pianist) 1 vote.
----------------------------------
There's a great series they repeat on Quest every now and then called "How It's Made". They did paper cups last week and the voice over said that the quality control was so good that only one in a million paper cups leaks.

Which seemed a bit of a bold claim, but then it occurred to me that of all the thousands of paper cups I have used in my lift (one or two a day at work for ten years, it soon adds up), not one of them had leaked on me.

That's this week's Fun Online Poll, how many times in your life have you had a paper cup which leaked?

Vote here or use the widget in the sidebar.

5 comments:

john b said...

I'm impressed that Lance managed 8%. As a one-balled former drug enthusiast and cyclist myself, I'd've thought that if even I wasn't voting for him, nobody would be.

Mark Wadsworth said...

JB, I guess it's the Sheryl Crow effect.

Pablo said...

These progs are full of factual inaccuracies.

FrankC said...

Paper cups don't so much leak as cause a dribble due to lack of decent seal 'twixt cup and lip.
Or maybe that's just me.

Mark Wadsworth said...

P, yes, but I watch a lot of documentaries so I can sort of spot most of the over-simplications and statistical trickery.

FC, that;s hardly the cup's fault, is it?