Tuesday 19 April 2016

Fun Online Polls: Panama Papers & Privatising the Land Registry

The results to last week's Fun Online Poll were as follows:

Have you learned anything new from The Panama Papers?

Yes - I didn't realise how concentrated wealth is or how involved the wealthy are in tax evasion. 4%
No - they merely confirm what I already knew or strongly suspected. 86%
Other - please specify. 10%


Not much to add to that.

A couple of commenters said that they had nothing against tax evasion. I don't think that's the important part, what is striking is how much money a few people have. Most of it ill-gotten.
--------------------------
A couple of people have emailed me and asked me to link to the petition against selling off the Land Registry.

Please sign here or use the widget in the sidebar.

0 comments: